The Wayne County Genealogical & Historical Society and the Ceredo Kenova American Legion, Post 93 are sponsoring a tribute to the parents of those soldiers who were
KILLED IN ACTION during the conflicts of WWI, WWII, Korea, Vietnam & Gulf Wars.
The Genealogical & Historical Society would love to preserve this family history. We hope to write a book about all of the Gold Star Parents and their sons who died
for their country.
We would appreciate all aditional information you can provide on the form about the parents and their son.
Information desired is as follows:
- Where parents worked
- Where the soldier worked before his deployment
- Where the parents and their sone lived
- The sons family, if he was married
- Siblings of the soldier, if he had any
- Where the son went to school
- The church attended, if any
- Any civic organizations the parents and/or son were involved in
- If possible photos of the parents and son
LINK TO GOLD STAR PARENTS FORM
Once the marker is placed we would appreciate you sending a photo of the parents headstone with the marker visible.
We would also appreciate any donations for this project as it will not be cheap.